The monster is still ALIVE Apr 17, 2007 18:41:57 GMT -4
Post by PhantomWolf on Apr 17, 2007 18:41:57 GMT -4
grashtel said:I remember that experiment being done in chemistry class, I don't recall it producing much smoke though, OTOH it did melt the temperature sensor we had in it (just the plastic bit admittedly, but it was still quite impressive).
Actually it's mostly steam and sulphic acid, but yeah it does look good.
I wonder if they still have the desk with the scorch marks from one of the other experiments I suggested (potassium + dilute hydrochloric acid is fun to watch, from at least several meters away and preferably behind and safety screen).
Heh, even my chemistry teachers were quite that crazy. We did make various explosives including one day covering the entire lab in touch powder (NI4) and blowing up the fume cabinet with Acetyl Nitrate.....
Copper and Nitric Acid is another good one, but don't breath in the gas, it smells like almonds and though it isn't as deadly as cynanide, it's still highly toxic.