Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot in Arizona Jan 11, 2011 1:14:56 GMT -4
Post by LunarOrbit on Jan 11, 2011 1:14:56 GMT -4
I am only blaming the gunman in this case. But what about next time?
What people say on TV and the radio can influence a lot of people. Maybe 99.9% of their audience won't act violently, but if the other 0.1% takes the rhetoric too seriously then what's stopping them from causing events like the one in Tucson?
Am I asking too much for politicians and media commentators to discuss issues with more civility? Is it really time to start talking about "2nd Amendment remedies"? Is the Obama administration really so bad that you have to consider overthrowing the government? That's the message I'm getting from the Tea Party.
Maybe it's time to stop exaggerating about how bad Obama is.